Equifax Data Breach and Identity Theft Solutions
On September 7, 2017, Equifax announced that 143,000,000 people (nearly half of the US population) had their identities compromised between May and July of this year. Stolen information included names, social security numbers, birthdates, addresses, driver’s license numbers, and credit card numbers.
As a IT Professional, Certified Small Business and Employee Benefit Specialist, I want to let you know there are steps you can take to educate yourself about the Equifax data breach and subsequent debacle.
- Get your FREE credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com. Ensure that your credit information is correct and up-to-date.
- Go to the Equifax link below to check your breach status. It requires you to enter your last name and the last 6 digits of your social security number. (I am guessing you have been impacted by this data breach.) www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/am-i-impacted/.
- Equifax is offering its own product called TrustedID as a solution to the most significant identity theft breach our country has ever seen. It is a bare bones breach product that will monitor your credit for free for 1 year.
- If someone initially enrolled with TrustedID, they unknowingly gave up their legal rights. Immediate public pressure has forced a change in this policy to better benefit the victim.
- Watch this short video where Morgan Wright, US State Department, Senior Anti-Terrorism Advisor, provides tips on what consumers can do to pro-actively protect themselves if they think their personal information was compromised from Equifax’s data breach.
- My team is doing an encore LIVE teleconference on Equifax and identity theft solutions on Thursday, September 28, 2017 between 8pm – 9pm EST. Dial in for a 15-20 minute segment any time during the hour, but stay as long as you’d like. The phone number is 712-770-4010, 160591#.
These past few weeks have been stressful for many of you, knowing that your personal information will be bought, sold and traded for years to come, as your name, social security number, driver’s license and birthdate are very valuable and they DO NOT EXPIRE! You may have realized that no matter how careful you are with your personal information, it is beyond your ability to protect your identity on your own. THAT IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN!
But, you do NOT have to go at it alone! Get on the call tomorrow to educate yourself, and check out the identity theft protection plans available [COMPETITIVE COMPARISONS
]. You will discover that IDShield
is THE best identity theft solution for THE best price.